Sunday, 4 January 2009

An introduction to the book...

Finally the time came to write something - as I find always happens with book writing. And then I thought, Why not record it as an audio serialisation? With no good answer to that question, I spent the afternoon recording the beginning of a proposed introduction to Moonwalking, Discovering Britain by Full-Moon.

If my voice sounds a little tired, it's because this was quite a few takes - and throat sweets - down the line. If my voice isn't as you imagined, I feel we should blame your speakers.



Short instalments of future chapters will appear on the blog throughout the year. Hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

Occasional Poster of Comments said...

The slightly tired tone entirely suited the humour, I thought. And for a book researched largely by wandering around Britain in the middle of the night, it probably even lends the reading a certain additional touch of authenticity. Looking forward to hearing more...

Oh, and have you already thought about uploading the serialisation as podcasts on iTunes? Could be quite popular, and who knows where that could lead - a publisher? being mentioned on Pods & Blogs? being mentioned on Pods & Blogs, and then a publisher? etc...

rob-sp said...

Glad you like the tone. Providing it requires numerous takes for me to be able to read 5oo words continuously in future, I should be able to sustain it for the other instalments.

Ah ha. Intriguing. I'll look into Pods & Blogs and podcasting on iTunes. A very good idea indeed - providing it doesn't get too technical. Thanks for the tips.